Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,573Gear list
Like?
I asked Fuji about orbs at CES
Jan 11, 2012

Well, I tried. I asked the Fuji US rep at the CES is Fuji planing to do something about the orb problem of X10 and XS-1 cameras. He was not sure what that problem is, although he heard about it. Then I grabbed the display X10, put it in EXR Auto mode, and took a snapshot of people at the booth, with typical trade show background withe some bright lights. And there you go, my first photo with the X10, and there they are, two nice juicy orbs eating the part of the head of the guy standing in front of the lights (lights were at least 10 meters behind). I zoomed to it in playback mode, and showed it to the Fuji rep. He said this is quite unusual, and showed it to the other rep, they said this is the first time they are seeing it in such a clear and obvious way. He then said this is a big concern for him, because he heard from B&H about people returning the X10's, and he will ask Japanese Fuji reps at the show about it. He told me to come back in 30 minutes. When I came back, he had already asked them, and they said that this (orbs) is a problem on only one small part of the picture, if you look at it specifically you will see it, but if you look at the picture as a whole, this is a minor detail, and does not reduce the quality of the picture overall. So there you have it, Fuji is telling us not to pixel peep, and everything is fine. Just as I suspected all along, there is no "firmware fix" coming, the X10 is functioning normally.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Re:New
Re:New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow