Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm f4

Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul Richman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,111Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks, Irakly...
In reply to Dr. Ulrich Rohde, Jan 11, 2012

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

The majority of assessments are subjective and often WRONG. I have practically all R lenses from my R4 to R 9 past, including the digital past.

Yes, assessments can be tricky. Even my own initial assessments often prove wrong later.

If you already have R lenses, wait for adaptors or cameras that take these.

I have none yet, but will get one to try in 2 days. I hope my assessment will be lasting.

The 2 points Irakly mentioned, I should also have done.

The Tidemark wth the APS design is superior to the 35 to 70mm, as you loose the 28 mm range which is quite usefull, and using such a good lens allows cropping !

I'm not familiar with the term "Tidemark", but on APSC, the 35 to 70 will be equivalent to 52 to 105mm, which is fine.

The camera is better protected with one singe lens.

Agreed. The less I change lenses, the better.

I wish you had the ability to comapare them.

Me to. Well, I rented a Tri-Elmar 16-18-21mm, and have a number of good test shots with it. Not the best comparison, though.

Give me your e-mail address and I send you some excellent TriElmar pictures !

I appreciate the offer. It's paul at PixelsByPaul dot com.

I'll post another reply, which I want others to see, which lists one of my last concerns with the TriElmars. I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on that.

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow