Call me a Heretic... Fuji?

Started Jan 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
capriebe
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Re: Call me a Heretic... Fuji?
In reply to DRabbit, Jan 11, 2012

I would say the largest difference is the focusing. Fuji is providing auto-focus and is making the manual focusing a secondary experience. It is electronic adjusting and the viewfinder too, the Fuji lenses have no DOP markings. The Leica focusing is direct and you feel no sluggishness and you only have the manual focusing option.

So the user for a Fuji will be a automatic focusing user, I doubt anyone will use manual focus. You could say that the Leica user has no choice. But they do- and they choose manual focus, or they would not have bought a Leica. Leica provides an experience in shooting, a simple camera with the options that do not get in the way. If the camera gets in the way than the experience is soiled.

I think the EVF will get in the way, and all the buttons, and why throw in video?

The dedicated photo use and simplified functional camera that is Leica will remain at the top. I welcome the Fuji though, I hope more rangefinders come out, it is a great style of camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow