ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Thomas
Contributing MemberPosts: 532
Like?
FF GXR module = success for Ricoh
Jan 10, 2012

I thought I would spell out the obvious for Ricoh

Making a FF DSLR like the CaNikons and committing to a whole new line of FF lenses is something that a company the size of Sony couldn't pull off without having to fall back on what they should have led with -- Sony innovation, rather than me-too-isms.

A FF GXR module makes sense because it would work so well with manual focus for the entire range of K-mount lenses. It would give all those FA-classic owners a chance to use their precious limiteds at the FOV they were intended to be used at -- 31, 43 & 70 mm.

Even I, with my DA 40 that is reputed to work well at FF would be tempted, whereas I would not be tempted by a GXR APS-C module -- the K5 body seems so much better.

A FF GXR module would be doing FF in a way only Ricoh could do FF, and it would not require them to make a whole new line of big expensive zooms lenses -- the user who needed that could gett the other compact zoom GXR modules.

If it could keep the price down, I'd be thrilled with the old 12 meg sensor from the old Nikon D3 & d700. Does anyone else think that old, low-noise sensor that would enable faster operation would be a good idea?

-- hide signature --
Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow