Call me a Heretic... Fuji?

Started Jan 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mauro.B
Senior MemberPosts: 2,345Gear list
Like?
Another expensive digital camera...
In reply to DRabbit, Jan 10, 2012

This new Fuji is very interesting on paper, except for the $ 3200 - 3400 area expected full kit price.

I will wait to check actual autofocus speed (where the X100 is painfully lacking), in any lighting conditions. The "manual by-wire focus" means that the X Pro 1 works autofocus all the time (manual just replacing fingers for motor), so AF speed, precision and consistency will be critical in real world X Pro 1 usage.

Fuji-disseminated images like this "

" do not seem promising on "digital look", which given X Pro 1's price and lack of AA filter should be minimal.

In my opinion, M9 and M8, by far and large not being the perfect cameras", win over any current competition due to minimal "digital look" and killer micro details reproduction (ok, it's mainly the lenses, but any downstream digital processing dilutes that).

I do not like to sound negative, but having already been close to burn my fingers with the X100 (which did not fit any of my shooting styles), I will look forward for early adopters feedback before making any judgement on another expensive digital system.

Just an early opinion, though.

Best regards,

M

Mauro.B's gear list:Mauro.B's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow