Call me a Heretic... Fuji?

Started Jan 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
jeff hladun
Senior MemberPosts: 1,949
Like?
Re: Call me a Heretic... Fuji?
In reply to Ian Matthew, Jan 10, 2012

There is a sincere effort on Fuji's part to realize the rangefinder experience here. The three lens combination of 28, 50 and 90mm is the perfect set-up for me; I appreciate Fuji's attempt to incorporate some sort of optical viewfinder, too. But the lack of depth of field markings on the lenses is the deal breaker for me. I prefer to know the field of focus before I bring the camera up to my eye for certain spontaneous situations. Having to figure out where the image is sharp by using the electronic viewfinder is just too slow at times. I also have the same problem with autofocus DSLR lenses in this regard.

The crop factor of 1.5x means a longer DoF within the image. This I appreciate as I'm not so much a bokeh fan, but as so many rangefinder users love this aspect of the form, it too makes the X-Pro relatively lacking. On the other hand it should have better low-light performance at its higher ISO levels than the M8 and maybe the M9. There again, I'm not a big fan of the high-ISO, low-light photography (I prefer using flash), but this may be of interest to anyone who feels capable of finally taking an interesting image in low-light! I'll just continue to bring along my own light, thank you very much.

Amy, I'm curious; you already have the M8 - what is it about the X-Pro that would make you want to add it to your kit?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow