In reply to bobn2, Jan 10, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

CriticalI wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Evidence is just what it isn't.

Bob, you've lost it completely. I didn't say this survey was "plenty of evidence" as its pretty obvious from the heated debates and popularity of the D700.

That again is not evidence that there would be a market for both. All it indicates is that current D700 owners, who are in anyway defined as being those for whom resolution isn't the top consideration, like their cameras. Whether a 16MP camera would present them with enough more to actually buy it is an unanswered question.

I agree with you.

This survey just illustrates it.

This 'survey' (nice grandiose term there) illustrates nothing at all. As I keep telling you, it is non-information. You cannot draw any useful inference for it because you have built in all sorts of confounding variables into your questions.

If your sense of logic does not justify the word 'inference' I will say you may find some insight for it however flawed the survey may be.

Now go and line up all your pencils again.

Once people wised up to the idea that the 36MP one had exactly the same low light capability as the 16MP one, but less DR and resolution,

36MP one had exactly the same low light capability as the 16MP one? All the evidence suggest, ceteris paribus, high pixel density same format sensors are noisier less noisy compared with low pixel density sensors.

Fixed that for you.

No, not for me but a peculiar fixation of a strange mind.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=40282092

-- hide signature --

Decision, decision, we are the slaves of decisions we made inadvertently.

May God forgive us our imperfections!

Dust to dust, what on earth are we entitled to claim?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D800New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow