Ref G1X So what did you all want ???

Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
SHood
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,016Gear list
Like?
Close but not quite there yet
In reply to Kopend05, Jan 10, 2012

I was hoping someone came with a large sensor compact with fixed zoom. I may have purchased an x100 by now if it were not for the slow AF and slow overall performance.

I would have like something close to F4.5 at the long end of the G1X but that doesn't bother me that much. I am very disappointed that it looks like they have taken the overall camera performance of the S100/G12 and put it into the G1X. I wanted the overall speed of the camera to improve just as much as the sensor. This is where I think Canon missed on this camera and the Nikon 1 got it right. You cannot sell an $800 camera with $200 P&S performance. The AF and overall speed needed to increase in tandem with the sensor.

Now it looks like all the major players have played their cards for mirrorless and/or large compacts. So now I have to decide which limitation I can live with as all solutions are lacking in one or more key areas.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow