Started Jan 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jwilliams
Contributing MemberPosts: 637
Like?
G1X, only 1 major thing missing ... EVF
Jan 10, 2012

I know every camera is a compromise and I am not trying ot bash the GX1, but I wonder how many other people wish it had a EVF?

I have a G9 and the optical finder is practically useless. Better than nothing when you can't see the LCD, but thats about it. If Canon had implemented an EVF either built in or via an add-on like Olympus m43 cameras I would take the plunge. I am a long time Canon fan with a bunch of Canon DSLR gear. Lately I rarely use the Canon DSLR gear and have gone to m43 cameras for most uses. Although I love looking thru a good (key word being good like in FF camera) optical finder they aren't really practical for mirrorless cameras.

The GX1 loks like a nice camera and a good compromise of sensor, lens and size. I particularly like how they abandoned the old 35mm 1.5x aspect ratio. I would just like a useful way to shoot at eye level. Looking at the market it is plain to see that the EVF is the solution for mirrorless cameras that people want to use without shooting at arms length. Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, and even Nikon have figured that out already.

Am I alone in wanting an EVF?

P. S. I really think this is just a prelude to an eventual mirrorless interchangeable lens camera and that the sensor size of this camera is what they will use. I hope I am right and they include and EVF.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

Canon PowerShot G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow