Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevroc
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
Is now a bad time to buy a D700?
Jan 9, 2012

Hello, I wanted to post this here hoping someone has some price recollection on the D700. I don't really knows it's price history, other than a review I read that put it as the cheaper of the two between it and the Canon 5D Mark II. That is certainly not the case as of now. I'm guessing that, with supply problems and it generally being an awesome camera, the pricing is higher than it has been in the past?

So my question is, do you think they'll ramp back up manufacturing of it to where prices start to come down again or are we at the end of the line on it production wise and we'll see nothing more than a slow trickle?

I'm hoping with the D4 coming out, a LOT of D3 and variants will be up for sale and a contingent of D700 users will upgrade to a used D3x or D3s thereby greatly increasing the availability of quality used D700's. One can always hope right??

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow