Re: Halftime Score
In reply to bobn2, Jan 9, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

VivaLasVegas wrote:

D800s 4
D800sv 2
D800x 3
D800xv 1

The race is indeed tight, it looks like the MP race is far from over and video is here to stay.

Hey bobn2, why don't you concock your own thread with your own reciepe. Im interested what you come up with.

You leave my con cock out of your recipes, thank you!
Really, I'm not interested in doing a survey on this question.

Nikon will have done a lot more well founded and rigorous surveys to establish the market for a new camera, and will use those to make their decision. If you like, what I'm doing is just registering the thought that this kind of exercise, while some may enjoy it, contributes no real information.

Sorry, am I under some sort of "obligation" to contribute information or can I just do something to satisfy my own curiosity? Judging by the response, quite a few other people find it interesting as well.

If it was done properly, it would yield the information that a self selecting sample of people on DPR had a particular opinion, but this does not even do that.

Yes, it most assuredly does. It's not just one you are interested in.

I could post a survey:
Which do you prefer
Nikon D800: 16MP, 25600ISO, 6FPS, 51 AF points, $4000
Canon 5DIII; 32MP, 51200 ISO, 8FPS, 61 AF points, $3000

And then when the majority answers Canon 5DIII claim that the majority prefers Canon, or whatever.

Yep, that would be a completely useless survey.

I have used DPR for surveys, but to answer more subtle questions like 'which factors are most important in IQ'. One of the questions the survey didn't include was 'which factors are most important in IQ'.

Er, because that is not what I was interested in. I was interested in what class of camera most were interested in based on the two major debates raging here, megapixels and video and four hypothetical cameras, all of which Nikon could build.

Since it was my survey I guess I get to choose what I want to ask. Is that OK with you Bob?

It would be impossible short of running a Gallup pole of several thousand photographers to assess anything more accurately. But this survey is still evidence of a sort, just not conclusive. Conversations I have with other photographers and dealers simply back it up. I never claimed otherwise. You are simply constructing a strawman argument.

As for manufacturers surveys, there are plenty of examples of where they have been an unmitigated disaster.
--
Regards,
Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
D800New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow