Why I've decided not to get the NEX-7.

Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,976Gear list
Like?
Re: LOL - 100% Danny !! (nt)
In reply to AdamT, Jan 9, 2012

AdamT wrote:

XD you lose like a 1/3 stop with the SLT right? That doesn't seem like much. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Though I do like that getting that attachment means it's easily removable

the difference in noise performance looks a lot more than 1/3 of a stop and the A77 doesn't look as sharp at pixel level as the NEX7 from the samples I've seen (which were using far better glass) - the A77 would be a Killer camera with a proper pentaprism and flappy mirror in (A770), shame they messed it up with SLT.

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

You do have to realize though that every technology has its trade-offs. There are huge advantages to both.

Mirror- no loss of light, decreased power consumption, but instead one more moving part, hard to maintain live view, and fps in its class are lower.

SLT- some loss of light, but less moving parts, and 12 fps with relative like view (extremely fast for its class). Plus, what you see in the EVF is what the picture will turn out to be. That's a HUGE plus in my opinion.

That's what was off the top of my head, there are more advantages and disadvantages to both.

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow