Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WChrisJohnson
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Opinions as to kit lens for 60D
Jan 9, 2012

I have been using a Nikon D70 for a very long time and have been pleased with the results overall. Most of the photography I do is of the family, vacations, etc. we prob shoot 20k photos a year.

The D70 came with the 18-70 kit lens which has been a great fit. I have seriously considered adding a zoom of some size. Recently, an intermittent problem with the cf card slot became a show-stopper: the camera will not shoot now. So I need to either fix the camera or upgrade. Given the age of the camera, and the desire to add a zoom, I'm inclined to upgrade.

I talking to lots of people over the holidays, both pro and intermediate, there was a decided majority the advised me to go Canon this time around. I like what I see in the 60D, and have found a couple of variations locally.

Costco has the 60D with the 18-200mm in a bundle for $1249; Sam's has the same camera with the 18-135mm lens in a kit for $1100. Both have generous 90 day return policies. Seems the 18-200 gets better reviews in terms of IQ and overall satisfaction. Should I consider either of these kits or go with another kit lens altogether?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

-- hide signature --

Chris Johnson

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow