Started Jan 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
SithTracy
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Re: Buying a Mac Mini just got a whole lot easier
In reply to Mateo Miller, Jan 9, 2012

Mateo Miller wrote:

Yes, and Blu- ray too

Bah on BD... I agree with Apple that optical media is dying, but there is still enough of it out there to warrant the inclusion of a reader/ripper on a mini or the ability to install software from some small developer not willing to go to the app store.

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but Thunderbolt has been a bit of a disappointment. We are a year into the bus and so few consumer devices are available. Not ready to give up on it, but I'd like to see something come out that is affordable. A couple of announcements came out recently around external devices... we will have to see how much they cost, but the Thailand HDD disruption won't help costs much for storage devices... one of the things I am interested in.

I know I may pick up a mini this spring to compliment my MBP and give my kids a nice place to do schoolwork while not needing a big footprint like the existing Windows system they use (tower I built and I want back that real-estate). The ODD is not that important and I handle storage with a Synology NAS... But you can never have enough storage or backups.

SithTracy's gear list:SithTracy's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-520 Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow