Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,255Gear list
Like?
X Pro1 vs Nikon D7000?
Jan 9, 2012

As much enthusiasm I have with the X Pro1, I'm having trouble with the value proposition.

One can get the Nikon D7000 + Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens for US$1500 (from B&H Photo). D7000 has magnesium alloy body too. 100% optical viewfinder with none of the parallax crap.

Yes, you get a slightly faster lens on the X Pro 1 (f/1.4 vs f/1.8), but the D7000 does have a lot to offer like built-in flash for fill, much wider lens choices, and a flash system that doesn't fail with specular highlights.

The all metal body and lens is the tempting factor for me. As well as the ability to change aperture directly on the lens body.

One the Nikon, you do get direct connection to the lens for manual focusing, I hope the lens on the X Pro1 is not a fly-by-wire type.

For those that have Leica lenses and can't afford the M9, I can see the value of the X Pro1...

-- hide signature --

a l b e r t

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E1 +7 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow