Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tom e
Senior MemberPosts: 2,907
Like?
Printer setup for borderless prints
Jan 9, 2012

I have another thread started regarding a specific problem, but have decided to start a new thread as I realize I am not sure what the best settings are regardless of print size, and I would like to have a more basic discussion regarding print settings.

I am using a Mac, and print from PS5. I am printing on an Epson R3000 but I suspect these same options appear for many other printers as well. I like to make borderless prints. I crop my prints to exact size, e.g. 4x6 or 8x10. In the Printer Setup box, should I use "retain size" or "auto expand"? And what about the PS5 print dialog box? If I check the box for "Scaled print size" in the print dialog box, the print automatically increases in size from 100% to something slightly larger, and the print resolution decreases to a smaller number than I had set. I really do not want the software to send a print with a different print resolution to the printer. I have been using "Auto Expand" and notice that a bit of my picture is cropped off of the final print. But if I use "Retain Size", I get a very small white border on at least one side. Neither result is what I want, so I must be doing something wrong.

As a related question, how should I proceed if I wish to print with a border? For instance, should I resize a 4x6 print to 3.5x5.5 in order to allow for 1/4" borders on all sides?

-- hide signature --

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow