NX200 waiting for "processing" RAW files is killing me!

Started Jan 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eric_1
Regular MemberPosts: 361Gear list
Like?
NX200 waiting for "processing" RAW files is killing me!
Jan 8, 2012

Hello,

I'm really trying to like this camera and everything is clicking with me except for having to wait for the buffer to clear when shooting RAW files. I'm wondering what work arounds (in terms of shooting style) you have come up with to get past the long waiting times and risk of missing the "decisive moment".

Here's times where the waiting really bothers me:

When I'm shooting candids of people I really like to be able to squeeze off a 2-3 rapid fire shots in unpredictable intervals. When someone makes a particular expression or action, i'll shoot off 2 or 3 frames, then wait until something else interesting happens. With the NX200 after shooting 3 frames my camera becomes literally unusuable for 15 seconds (I have 200x SanDisk extreme sd card). This is basically a deal breaker for any candid people photography.

When I'm doing HDR panoramas, I use the bracketing mode to shoot the 3 frames and then shift the camera on my tripod to the next frame. With the NX200 I have to wait 15 seconds after the 2nd 3-frame burst. It's ridiculous.

I had thought of this as an ideal travel camera, and I suppose as a landscape camera it's decent, but for anything requiring capturing a "decisive moment" this camera is unusable. Blah...

Eric

Eric_1's gear list:Eric_1's gear list
Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC +5 more
Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow