Why Entrants Don't Follow Rules: Part 2

Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,570Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Entrants Don't Follow Rules: Part 2
In reply to Paulo Matos, Jan 8, 2012

Like I said earlier, why not put in the description that it is a dress? It's not easy to tell and DPR gives you space to explain the photo. It is art and not everyone likes the same thing. I don't what to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't like the shot at all. I don't like anything about it. Yes, the girl looks like she is pretty, but beyond that there is nothing that appeals to me.

People need to remember that this is not a edgy presentation to an ad exec. It's a vote by a large range of people across the globe. Your only chance to explain your vision is in the description and there was nothing. Maybe UKShots thought it spoke for itself. UKShots does have some interesting and appealing work on their website so I'm not knocking him, just this photo.

I don't sandbag and I don't vote in challenges I've entered so I have the right to vote how I think and not feel bad about it.
--
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow