Help me decide Leica X1 or Fuji X100?

Started Jan 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
wildeone
Regular MemberPosts: 463
Like?
check out Reid Reviews
In reply to Len_Gee, Jan 8, 2012

if you want a really in depth review of both cameras you're looking at, i highly recommend checking out http://www.reidreviews.com/ with one caveat: it is a subscription-based site (you have to pay).

hit site is flash-based and a PITA, but it's well worth the money. both when you're trying to decide what to get and, then, user tips after the fact.

(Sean also has a review of the Ricoh GXR too.)

i use Leicas and looked seriously at the X1 when it came out... i didn't get one because it didn't have a built-in viewfinder (an important factor for me) and was less than a fan of the Elmarit lens (stunningly sharp, but not my cup of tea)... still, the small size and stunning simplicity of use almost swayed me.

the X100 ended up meeting my needs better and i don't regret it. the high ISO is simply incredible! that said, it is fiddly to set up and not quite as easy to zone focus as the X1. it's also larger (but not by a huge amount) and i think there is more of a learning curve.

i honestly don't think you could go wrong with either of the cameras but, truly, check out Reid Reviews. you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know (and he even includes updates to his reviews when the firmware has been upgraded).

good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow