Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?

Started Oct 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
alfpang
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Re: Hmmmm.... S100 or iPhone 4S?
In reply to John.Laninga, Jan 8, 2012

I have the iPhone 4S and S95 / S100. Jpegs from the 4S are significantly better than those from the 4 (which I upgraded from), partly due to improved optics on the iPhone, and partly better onboard post-processing. Have managed to get some low-light pics out that would've been a muddle on the iP 4.

I'd say the 4S would be able to go toe-to-toe with most entry-level/budget casual compacts.

That said, they're not at all in the same league w the S95, which is a very capable camera offering some pro-friendly features (including RAW) that are competitive with much larger cameras.

Both the 4S and S95 punch above their weight class, but they're not in the same weight class. The 4S is a featherweight that sometimes punches like a lightweight, and the S95 is a lightweight that hits frequently like a middleweight.

(I just got the S100 and am really liking the remarkably low noise at higher ISOs....)

alfpang's gear list:alfpang's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow