Started Jan 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jobodaho
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Monitor Color Profile Issues
Jan 8, 2012

Having spent the better part of my night fighting with this I figured it was time to turn to you guys for help.

I just recently purchased a Dell U2410 and was excited to have a decent monitor to edit/display my photos. I also have a Spyder 3 Express calibrator that I used to set it up. My issue is that certain applications/uses with take advantage of the new profile (Internet Explorer, my desktop background, etc.) while others are appearing to default to some other profile (Lightroom 3.6, Firefox, Windows Photo Viewer).

I was able to change my Photoshop to recognize the new profile, but I am completely clueless as to how to make every software/application use my new profile.

When images are set to my desktop background they are spot on to what my prints look like, which is very promising, but when viewed in Lightroom, Windows Photo Viewer, or Firefox they look terrible.

What are the steps I need to take to ensure that everything I am using is both accurate and similar across programs/applications?

Thanks!

jobodaho's gear list:jobodaho's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow