ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,106Gear list
Like?
Fuji X1Pro - Canon G1X has competition
Jan 8, 2012

HI there,

I don't know if you have been like me and have been following the Canon G1X thread with interest, but I had completely missed the fact that details and photographs of the Fuji X1 Pro camera have also become available very recently ...... Check out the Fuji Forum - it's all there with the pictures.

The X1Pro is a Leica-esque retro RF look body with a new 'X-trans' APS CMOS sensor about which Fuji are making very strong claims ('as good as FF'). Takes interchangeable primes. A brace of three highly spec'd fastish lenses have been announced with the body (18, 35, & 60) - no zoom at this stage.

As we await info about the Canon G1X, we can certainly say that the mirror-less sector has just become even more interesting........ I'm thinking that the X1Pro may interest a segment of the G series users, though by no means all. It's size and the need to carry and change primes won't appeal to all G users. (Particularly the PS upgraders?). It might appeal to those wanting higher grade images from a single small camera or those backing up their DSLR.

Have a look and see what you think.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-T1
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow