Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332Gear list
Like?
DP2 Vs Fuji X10 at ISO 100, HD
Jan 7, 2012

At ISO 100, after downsizing both images to HD resolution, the DP2 beats the Fuji X10 in image quality and detail and has more pleasing colors.
However, the smaller-sensor Fuji X10 comes surprisingly close.

The DP2 raw file was processed using SPP 5.1 and the resultant same-size jpeg was processed further in Photoshop Elements 9. The Fuji jpeg was processed only in Photoshop Elements 9. Since I did not use the Fuji raw file, this is not the world's best and most scientific comparison. Also, I compared DP2 same-size to DP2 double-size jpegs and picked same-size as best overall when downsized to HD (this is why it is used here).

I spent a while trying to match the Fuji shot to the colors in the Sigma DP2 shot but somehow did not succeed very well. Comparing colors show the DP2 as the solid winner in this area in my opinion. Also, more brick texture is visible in the DP2 shot.

Details compare very well, but still the DP2 edges out the Fuji X10. This is to be expected mostly because the DP2 sensor has 5.53 times the surface area of the Fuji sensor in the 16x9 format I've used here (16x9 DP2 sensor area is 20.7x11.64 mm and 16x9 Fuji X10 sensor area is 8.8x4.95mm, 240.948sqmm/43.56sqmm = 5.53).

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Fujifilm X10 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow