Vintage lenses?

Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
KristopherMJ
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Re: Vintage lenses? Why not got for genuine Zeiss, 2 for $250
In reply to eastriding4310, Jan 7, 2012

Thank you! I have an Asahi Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8, and a Vivitar 85-205mm f/3.8 Close Focusing model in the m42 mount. I got them pretty recently, and a friend is coming over tomorrow and I'll get to see how I like the 55mm in the field. I definitely will consider genuine CZ lenses for $120, because at least I know if I'm spending that kind of money on a MF lens, I'll get the quality.

eastriding4310 wrote:

If you want a really sharp lens for the money, buy a Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm 1.8 Pancolar (East German) manual focus lens for about $120 plus shipping in M42 screw mount. Also available for about $120 is the Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 135mm 3.5 in M42 mount. M42 mount to Sony adapters are as cheap as $5 on Ebay. I bought both lenses on Ebay and use them on my A77 and my Olympus 4/3 dslr. I am very happy with the sharpness and colors. Two genuine CZ lenses for less than $250. A real bargain! Make sure to get the later multi coated models, preferably with high serial numbers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow