Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clickclick
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
D4 battery has to be rationale
Jan 7, 2012

I can't imagine Nikon not wanting to maintain or even increase capacity in the new battery. I mean, everyone wants smaller, but not at a sacrifice of efficiency. And now to do more functions, video and stills on the same job. Though the D3S has a battery % indicator and life estimate, I don't always check it, as I am confident I will not run out of power. Now I will have to with the D4. Maybe there's an alert that will sound for low battery?

Maybe the battery charges faster? Or the containment area is smaller? These are my guesses. Don't get it. Maybe... they will include a spare battery in the components of the packing? Nah....

But, try this on, you take advantage of the remote operation, now possible, and your camera is ready and remotely controlled, but needs more juice to stay in the same location? I would want spare charge, always, in case I have to leave the camera waiting for the right shot.

And, since I am on this, how difficult would it be to have inserted a GPS embedder or for a CLS commander (instead of my SU8), like the smaller compacts (and D700)? I don't know, maybe the GPS would have drained the battery even more. The camera IMO is big enough to insert this tiny buggers, its bigger than any other DSLR I know of, because I have plenty of cases it will not fit in..

But, heck, I am still trying to figure out why the smaller SB800 is as powerful as the SB900 and I have to resort to lugging around bigger SB900s.

Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow