Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NeilJones
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,303Gear list
Like?
I just don't get these 2001 prices??
Jan 7, 2012

Why are you pro's still saying its ok for Nikon/Canon to charge these silly prices!!

Technology has jumped so much over the years and prices for all these components in these cameras have come way down and yet you are still ok paying what you did 10 years ago??

Yes, I know the components used are better but it's just simply easier and cheaper to make them now!

Look at the Sonys a77. A 24mp sensor in a really nice camera with many cool features. It's $1400. I know, I know, it does not compete with the D4 but please don't tell me that it costs that much more to make the D4. (a77 also has incredible 60p 1080 hd video too)

Even the full frame Sony a900 with 24mp is less than 3 grand. (with new one on the way for probably not much more)

It's time for you "working pros" to tell Nikon/Canon to stop with their over inflated camera prices on these so called "pro cameras" as this is 2012 not 2001!

-- hide signature --

Shoot like it's your last day..

Nikon D4 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow