Best Monitor For Photo Editing 2012?

Started Jan 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
BBGunWB
Regular MemberPosts: 405
Like?
Re: Best Monitor For Photo Editing 2012?
In reply to CBEV Media, Jan 7, 2012

I can tell you you made the right decision in not getting the U2711. I just put in for my RMA number with Dell because of the coating. At 1:1 zoom, you can't tell if the noise you're seeing is from the AG coating or from the image. On top of that, it is varying thickness so some areas of the monitor are subtly but noticeably different in brightness from others when looking at a white or near white screen or large area of image.

If you don't have a reflection problem, get an Apple 27" cinema display or thunderbolt display (thunderbolt just has USB/Firewire connections built in). IPS screen, full glossy for best contrast. Just need a displayport or DVI-to-displayport converter to run it on a PC.

I don't have a lot of control over my lighting situation, so I am thinking of getting the Samsung S27A850, as mentioned. Live in the US, so Iwill be getting it from Amazon to take advantage of their return policies instead of Samsungs in case I get dust or horrible backlight bleed. Some bleed is OK for me as long as the image is otherwise clean.

Yes, 16x9 monitors are "vertically challenged" - but with 1440 vertical pixels... who cares?

BB

-- hide signature --

picasaweb.google.com/BBGunWB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OLEDNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow