Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
cwmartin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,118
Like?
Re: D4 Spec questions not answered in the Specs I've read
In reply to Gordon J Smith, Jan 7, 2012

Gordon J Smith wrote:

CW--

Sorry can't answer those questions -- I don't have a D4 -- but I note that Sandisk has offered 64 and 128 cards for some time and I haven't heard of any incompatablity issue with the D3. I would think the D4 would not go backwards here.

I was curious, however, why you asked about the naming conventions. I shoot 32 GB cards in my D3s and the camera just rolls over to new folders with out a hitch (I get about 2,400 nef files per card). Aperture ingests these without issue and doesn't confuse files with the same name.

Why would we need to have larger folder limits or a five or six digit counter? Does it help with workflow?

Gordon

I like to keep my original files in sequential number order. Right now the camera will start over after it reaches 9999. So I end up having to manually change one of the first three digits each time I shoot 9,999 photos so that I won't have two photos named the same. Since the shutter is rated to 400,000 actuations, I think we should have the ability to have the file numbers run up that high, without having to change naming conventions.
--
Clifford W Martin
aka BigRedDogATL
http://cwmartin.smugmug.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow