Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cwmartin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,118
Like?
D4 Spec questions not answered in the Specs I've read
Jan 7, 2012

There are a couple of D4 specifications that I haven't seen answered in any of the published specs that I have read.

1) What is the maximum memory card size for the CF and XQD cards that the D4 will support? Will it support a 64GB or 128GB CF card? What is the largest XQD card that will be supported and available?

2) Right now there is a maximum number of 999 photo files in each folder on the D3S and D300. Is this limit still the same, or will the D4 support more photo files per folder?

3) The current Nikon file naming convention is XXX-1234, where the 1234 is incremented sequentially with each photo and rolls over at 9999 to 0001. Will the file naming convention on the D4 change to allow a higher number, such as 99999, before roll over?

4) I would like to see additional information on the two programmable buttons and what they can be programmed for. Can they be set to preprogram shutter or aperature priority settings and to toggle between two different presets?
--
Clifford W Martin
aka BigRedDogATL
http://cwmartin.smugmug.com

Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow