Any other Canon pros happy they didn't jump ship?

Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xerojay
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Any other Canon pros happy they didn't jump ship?
Jan 7, 2012

This should be a VERY interesting year for the uber-brandboys...

Personaly, I was this close... THIS CLOSE to switching to Nikon this past year...

Ever since the D3, I've felt a bit...jealous of the Nikon offerings! Now that I've seen the D4 sample images and the lack of improved native iso over the D3s, I'm feeling very confident that the 1DX will turn the tides back in my (Canon shooter's) favor. It almost seems like Canon & Nikon are trading roles here; Canon has the high native iso, but I suspect that Nikon slapped that "Hi-4" setting on just to not be out-spec'd...hmm reminds me of the 1DIV/D3s iso 100k... Also now it's Canon that's using the matching CF media, and Nikon going mixed-bag on it's users...And whaat?!? Nikon has more video features?!?! Shut your mouth! Wait, Canon isn't megapixel obsessed? Blasphemy!

Now here's something fun...Try looking through some of the loudest fanboy threads from the past two or three years, and see how some of the loudest complainers/protesters/activists have been shot down by their own beloved brand (be it Canon or Nikon).

Canon EOS-1D Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow