Say it Isn't So!!!!

Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
MilSooper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,869Gear list
Like?
Wow
In reply to stevielee, Jan 7, 2012

I don't think the folks here buy a Leica Rangefinder to sell it. I think they buy it to use it. Don't hate them for having enough money to spend on it. It is a personal choice. I waited a long time to be able to purchase one. I became so enamored with the M8.2 and how it operated and the experience and the results I got an M9 and like both of them very much.

I've been the "Program...autofocus....world and chose to revert to the mechanical world as it slowed me down and made me think of what I was doing. I like it. my choice.

It amazes me that there are so many people that buy the latest "greatest" new camera out there and then extoll the virtues of manual adjustments and settings. Seems like a waste of a great computer to me.

The Leica equipment is a personal choice. There are some who have tried it. There are many who don't understand it. There are many that can't make it do what they want and move on. That's the way it goes.

It seems senseless to me to have someone ask me what is so special or why I spent the amount of money I did on a camera. It's my money and I spend it the way I want. Simple.

A few years back I bought a Digilux 3. At the same time, or shortly thereafter I bought some Leica stock on a whim. Again with MY money. It has quadrupled. Them folks is doing sumpthin right.

There are people here that decry the amount of money Leica cameras cost that probably blow a lot more money on beer, whiskey, tobacco or drugs. That would be their choice. There are also people here that decry Leica as antiquated, lagging edge technology that run right out and buy the latest Nex, Canon, Fuji or Nikon or whatever and still hack out the same old photographs as most teenagers with a cell phone cam or a point and shoot. They capture a few images in a hurry and spend an inordinate amount of time post processing and trying to save an image that if taken with film would have went to the trash bin as a mistake.

When my camera bodies cease to function or Leica won't repair them or something new is released that I want I'll buy it. With MY money.

MilSooper's gear list:MilSooper's gear list
Leica M8.2 Olympus E-5 Leica M9-P Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow