ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
valalvalal
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sigma dp2s fixed lens.... Really????
Jan 6, 2012

Hello everybody,

I am new here. I just got Sigma DP2s, and something pushed me to start this post.

There have been a lot of complaints about this camera noisy focusing system and ridiculous huge protruding 24mm lens. While camera focuses the whole body shakes and makes noises, also during the manual focusing. I do not know if I will open a can of a worms by saying that this lens does not focus at all, but rather back plate moves. There is no visible movement during the focusing process, none inside the glass also. The strange metal cover on the lens has 2 screws on sides. I bet if the lens is removed any other lens could be mounted on that camera with appropriate adapter. Is that a secret Sigma is holding from us for future surprise? Has anybody hacked the camera? One set of lenses that could take this adoption that comes to my mind is Contax G, a lens with Aperture ring but without focusing ring, focused rather internally by turning the screw. Although the supplied lens is fabulous the idea of carrying several models of the same camera is strange if you need extra lenses. Any thoughts????
Alexei

Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow