HP OfficeJet 7410 - custom paper size issue and can't get full bleed...

Started Dec 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
dave1812
Senior MemberPosts: 1,895Gear list
Like?
Re: HP OfficeJet 7410 - custom paper size issue and can't get full bleed...
In reply to Damovich, Jan 6, 2012

thanks for that info. seems like I'm stuck with it messing up my 8.5 x 11 prints...

Damovich wrote:

I did a test trying to print borderless with all sorts of custom papersizes but it did not work, the only borderless printing possible with the HP driver are the predefined borderless photo presets... Custom sizes work fine as the driver will let me print 111cm banners but whatever I try/do it just wont let me print edge to edge with any custom size. I even tried to set the regular papersizes (A4/A3 etc.) oversized but though this officejet is a an edge-to-edge capable device, printing borderless A4/A3 whenever needed, it wont let the user print those same sizes borderless outside of the presets, not in any application.

As being a programmer by trade I have also searched for an HP SDK kit which in essence could enable me to write my own printerdriver but HP did not publish anything usable in that direction. These particular printers arent supported by any RIP software on the market neither so I hate to bring it to you but if you are in desperate need of borderless custom sized prints you would be better off with another brand of printer perhaps.

Good luck with it.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Dee fifty one hundred

Honest debates welcome.

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow