Thinking of moving from MFT to NEX5N or NEX7. Need advice.

Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,511Gear list
Like?
Thinking of moving from MFT to NEX5N or NEX7. Need advice.
Jan 6, 2012

Greetings,

I am currently a Panny MFT GF-1/G2 shooter thinking of moving up to NEX5N or NEX7 for better IQ (I hope so?).

It would be used as my "light travel kit" when I don't want or need to carry my Canon DSLR. Video is not a priority.

Looking for the best IQ but confused about the 16 mpx vs 24 mpx in the NEX5N/&7 cams.

Shouldn't the NEX5N have better IQ over the NEX7because of the sensor pixel density?

Why then would one get the NEX7?

I usually shoot with the Panny 14-45 zoom and also carry the Panny 20 mm for low light use.

Also, will my MFT lenses work on the NEX cams?

What 2 lenses would you recommend for the NEX5N or 7 to get started in the system? Again, for general family, scenic and travel vacation type pics. Need AF lenses as my eyesight is really bad.

I like to print my "keepers" up to 13"x19".

Thank you in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow