Is it just the EPL1 or are all 4/3 cameras not very user friendly?

Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
deleted12
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Re: Is it just the EPL1 or are all 4/5 cameras not very user friendly?
In reply to ChefCrash, Jan 6, 2012

Chef,

Thanks for your offer and the explanation. No hard feeling whatsoever. Now that you have been using the EPL1 for a while, do you still use the kit lens, and if so, do you notice dramatic improvement in your images from your previous camera when viewing on a monitor?

The opinions expressed on DP boards vary dramatically on the subject of noticeable differences in good light between an enthusiast p&s camera and a 4/3 or DSLR when a kit lens is used and viewing is done on a monitor. I have read conclusions from some very good photographers (with quality photos on their sites) that there just aren't going to be significant differences when shooting conditions are good. I do realize that people see things differently, but having a science background, its hard not to just look "at the facts" and so far the images on city scenes and landscapes when I can shoot at f4 - f8, ISO 400 or below, and range of 28-84mm (35mm equiv.) I just don't see much difference, and the S95 fits in my pocket and I can change ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc. in the wink of an eye and the LCD screen is noticeably better.

Den

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow