P7100 Image Quality

Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
proshooter_melbourne_AU
Regular MemberPosts: 160
Like?
Low-Light P7100
In reply to aeneon, Jan 6, 2012

Happy New Year Folks.

Took the P7100 and shot some 8 sec at f2.8 exposures in a cave over the last few days. They were sensational files. There was light coming in through a small slot in the cavern, and the dynamic range was way better than expected. Noise at 100 iso? Zilch, nothing to be concerned about. Am loving this camera more with every recreational trip it does.

You won't be disappointed. Took a boring shot of my street as we were leaving home for an early flight recently ( 0300 departure ) and I must say- the tech quality of the file was superb.

I use a very lightweight carbon fibre manfrotto tripod with a simple ball head. For this camera, it does the job nicely. Weight of tripod is around the 700g mark.

My only whinge, is that I can't squeeze more than 220 frames out of a single battery charge, but some folks have told me this is pretty normal for a compact. I am comparing it to my D700 which dies around 4 times that amount per charge.
--

LIFE is a 'long exposure'... and full of 'noise'. Wouldn't want it any other way!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow