Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thesixthwoman
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
D4 WiFi Options? Eye-Fi? Help?
Jan 6, 2012

Can anyone help me to understand the WiFi capability of the D4?

On the Nikon site, the specs say that the camera will be Eye-Fi compatible, but there is nothing up yet on Eye-Fi's website, and Eye-Fi cards are all SD-style.

On this site, the D4 overview article talks about using a WiFi network as follows:

"Nikon has clearly paid attention to professional photographers' workflow requirements when shooting, and has tried to set the camera up so there's no need to use a laptop alongside it any more. To this end the D4 allows photographers to add full IPTC data to all of their image files as they shoot, and can store 10 data presets each containing 14 fields. There's a new network setup wizard to configure the camera for use over wired LAN, or WiFi in FTP and HTTP mode."

I would love to use this camera at sporting events, wirelessly transmit photos to my iPad, and preview them there (and possibly sort and edit some) to avoid carrying around a big laptop and to save time later. It seems I will be able to do this, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

thesixthwoman's gear list:thesixthwoman's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +3 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow