Starting Pet Portraits

Started Jan 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brandon Herring
Regular MemberPosts: 195Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting Pet Portraits
In reply to DBCapybara, Jan 6, 2012

I did this very thing in Charlottesville, VA a few years ago. I charged 150-250 or so depending on what I was doing. I shot a bunch of cats for a breeder and charged 250 for example. I did a bunch of individual dogs for people that took a lot less time/ lighting changes etc and typically charged 150. I included a disc with print ready images and a non commercial release as well as a single set of 4x6 prints. I always include a basic set of prints ust because about 10 years ago I delivered to a commercial client who had bad monitors and thought his images were too dark. I had to return with prints and my own laptop to show him what they should look like. Turned out he had the brightness set way way down for less eye strain he said. LOL Anyway, it can be a lot of fun! The owners are almost always enthusiastic just to get a crisp image of their animal. And if you nail it then they are totally happy.
Good luck and have fun.
You can view some of mine on my (out dated) website:
http://www.herringimages.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow