1-1-2012 Weekly landscape show and tell.

Started Jan 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
PowderMaggot
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Re: Vicinity of Moab
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jan 6, 2012

I haven't seen an FJ on that road, but they seem to be pretty capable vehicles. I don't know much about 4WD, but I'd guess that as long as you have a rear diff locker on your model, you've got a reasonable shot. Major obstacles are rock ledges, some pretty tall, some with gravel-type takeoffs and landings. Suspension, entry and exit angles are probably the major concerns.

I'm not sure how far the 4WD road will take you, but I'm fairly sure that from the end of the road to Pothole Arch is a fairly long walk - but has some great views and photo ops. My boulder shot came from elsewhere in Moab - all the others were taken up there.

Rick Knepper wrote:

PowderMaggot wrote:

Yeah, that's about right. I rode it (mtb).

Sorry, I meant to say mountain bike, not dirt bike.

Some people hike it too. If you want to four wheel it, google 'Cliffhanger'. The 4WD road and the Amasa Back trail share a lot of space. For 4WD, you'll need a very good vehicle. From personal observation: Modified Jeep: yes. H1: yes. H2: no - unless you have a winch and some backup with you.

I've got a stock FJ Cruiser which I intend to put a lift kit on and of course bigger tires if I can ever quit buying lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AndyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow