Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,636
Like?
New P7100 NRW and Capture One Express 6
Jan 6, 2012

Couldn't have timed this better. My new P7100 arrived yesterday afternoon and about an hour later Capture One pops up an update alert that v6.3.3 is now available to download - with no less than full P7100 and NRW support.

Just been doing some simple test shots around the place to learn the camera and see how the raw compares to the jpgs etc. Here are a couple of random test images for anyone interested in buying this camera themselves to see how it performs in the hands of a hack picking one up for the first time. I'm quite pleased with the image quality and detail, as good as the GR Digital 3 (to be expected, the same sensor I think), so once I get to know the camera hopefully I can get some good results.

I have to say the Adj button on the GRD is probably a better implementation to quick access much-used settings than the P7100's Quick Menu dial, especially as the two I found myself using most, the ISO and the My Settings, are at polar opposites on the dial so require a full half turn to switch between them every time.

And again a comparison to the GRD, I think the two P7100 Fn buttons could have more useful options assigned to them such as actual menu shortcuts to full settings rather than just a single setting such as press and hold for Auto ISO etc.

Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow