Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wbb56
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
S100 or SX230 HS & 300 HS Combo
Jan 6, 2012

I ordered, and have the Canon SX230 & Canon 300 HS. For years, in addition to my dSLR gear, I've always had two compact cameras. One with 10+ zoom, and a smaller camera I could take and use everywhere. My latest "combo" is the 230 & 300. While I love the super compact size of the 300-I'm not crazy about it's performance-although I do understand the limitations of the sensor and the camera type. I've enjoyed the 230SX for the brief time I've had it too--but am not too happy with the pop-up flash and the somewhat slow to focus zoom.

So, now that he S100 is available, I'm wondering if I'd be better off with one, pocketable, quality camera to use in most situations. (I still have an older Panasonic Lumix w/10x zoom, for a little bit more range). I do not have access to the S100 locally, so I'm not sure exactly how small it is in comparison to the two cameras I have. Size is definitely a major consideration--as I enjoy having a good, decent quality camera with me at all times.
Any advice and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance!

wbb56's gear list:wbb56's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow