Sony NEX 7 or Fuji X Pro1, which would u buy?

Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dellaaa
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Sony NEX 7 or Fuji X Pro1, which would u buy?
Jan 5, 2012

All,

I respect many of the opinons of the people on here so here goes.

I know its early but.....

I am a long time SLR user who is in the market for an mirrorless interchangeble lens camera. I am torn between the Sony NEX7, which is think is the coolest camera out there and the newly announced Fuji X Pro 1, which could also be the coolest camera out there.

I have legacy Nikon glass, so I would love to be able to use these lenses on whatever I buy. I know this is possible with the Sony, and kind of assue the Fuji will offer the same.

I want the camera for landscape, people and travel. Low light and fast moving action are two things I almost never shoot.

From the reviews, the Sony image quality is exactly what I am looking for, detail and cropability. I know there are no test images from the Fuji, but knowing Fuji and given the preliminary specs, I cant see this camera being a dog.

I like the prime lenses introduced by Fuji, but would love to have an 18-55 and 16mm pancake like Sony offers. I like the 3 wheel approach of the NEX 7, but I prefer the retro styling of the Fuji. The viewfinders of both got excellent reviews so I think I would be happy with either.

Here is the question, what do you think the pros and cons of each of these two cameras other than what I have listed?

Which would u buy?

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Nikon D800
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FujiNew
X100New
FujiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow