Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
CollBaxter
Forum ProPosts: 12,438Gear list
Some Fairy Sanctuary Stuff
Jan 5, 2012

I went away over the New Year for a few days to Bontebok National Park to do some wild life. Well that turned out to be a bit of a disaster with the heat and the wind and the bright sun. I had issues with focusing in very high light for a change, the flare and the heat waves turned most long distance shoots into a soft mess. As the car was the coolest place we went about out of the park a bit. I used the E-620 and 12-80 as a walk around. We went to Swellendam on the only overcast/ humid morning of the trip. When we were going down the main road I saw a sign that said “ Fairy Sanctuary “ I shoot around the corner with my wife face glued to the window and Up to the Fairy Joint.

We went in and where then told we were not allowed to use cameras in certain parts as it disturbed the fairies . ( Right Thinks I) Any way we continued the tour by ourselves with me hiding behind bushes taking shoots and shooting from the waist ( No LV) with my wife asking how she was going to explain to family and friends about how we got kicked out of Fairy Land. Well I tell ya there are some strange people working there and visiting . They were talking to glass figurines , there was incense burning in some places and I wondered if this was to enhance the atmosphere or mask some bad stuff they where smoking. On the other hand it was beautiful with about 3000 figurines scattered and set up on a property of about an acre. These figurines where very well made and beautifully crafted and well laid out.

From a camera point of view I was very happy with the low light pictures I was shooting at 400 ISO and mainly around 100/s and below 1/50s hand held IS on. I only managed to use the flash once and was then seriously told off by my wife. I did not use the flippy screen as that would have been a dead giveaway.

Any way here are the pictures for what they are worth. All processed from raw’s with wb/lighting/colour and noise adjusted

-- hide signature --

Collin

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )

http://collinbaxter.zenfolio.com/
http://www.pbase.com/collinbaxter

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
*nt*New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow