how do you shoot your NEX without the OLED viewfinder ?

Started Dec 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,738Gear list
Like?
Re: how do you shoot your NEX without the OLED viewfinder ?
In reply to blue_skies, Jan 5, 2012

Reporting back - I just tried the JJC LCD shade on the Nex-5N and it does need the (missing) tabs on the bottom for a proper hold.

It barely holds on as is.

However, the clamps do go around the edge of LCD screen. A tiny piece of rubber could be added on the inside of the clamp to make a firmer grip, even a tiny piece of (thick) paper could do the trick.

Also, contact JJC, perhaps they have already released a Nex-5N version.

blue_skies wrote:

samson33 wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

I have the JJC LCD shade (Ebay), it snaps on to both Nex-5 and Nex-5N

I don't have it with me (am still traveling), but I know it snaps on to both solidly enough. The Nex-5N misses the tabs on the bottom, but it didn't seem to matter, there is sufficient hold left for the shade.

If you want, I can confirm this for sure by the end of the week.

If you could confirm good solid fit on the 5N it would be much appreciated. Also, is it easy to close or do you have to pinch both of those side wings to collapse it? Thanks very much.

Will do.

It is easy to close, and this can be done even with one hand, but both side wings are spring loaded and 'snap' into place when you open the lid. They have to be both pressed inwards simultaneously to enable the lid to close.

Fwiw, I had (strong) winds blow one of the sides out of the unit (a post broke off), it is fairly light and flimsy, but it does the trick.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OVFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow