Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
harold1968
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,687Gear list
Like?
Re: It isn't so
In reply to VladimirV, Jan 5, 2012

VladimirV wrote:

harold1968 wrote:

If you try the Ricoh GXR or Sony NEX cameras with their focus peaking system you will see that the RF is not that precise as you think.

yes it is

So you dispute that there is parallax or you need special close up 'glasses' for lenses which can focus below 0.7m?

there is no problem with focusing at distances rated

The M9 no good for some things and unsurpassed for others, what else is new!

What is it unsurpassed for? For being one of the most expensive cameras on the market?

you are obviously not acquainted with most of the market

Every camera has compromises and I highly doubt the M9 is a no compromise travel camera since you compromise on taking macro shots, telephoto shots, shots in rain or under water and so on. Since travel can include any or all of these things it has compromises, don't you think?

no

As for the DOF, it stays mostly the same on a APS camera, the FOV is just less.

Its funny how people who can't afford or use FF and smaller argue that the DOF is the same as FF where it clearly is not.
This is one of the most important creative controls.

I don't suffer this problem. I clearly say I would like a S2 but can't afford it. Nevertheless it is not as good a travel camera as the M9

You are obviously trying to reverse justify a ricoh.
It is a fine camera, just live with what you have.

harold1968's gear list:harold1968's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Sony RX1R Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow