K10D/GX10 ISO1600 and BIF, all at once....

Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Walt_A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,557
Like?
K10D/GX10 ISO1600 and BIF, all at once....
Jan 5, 2012

I've tended to shy away from ISO 1600 on my GX10 (K10D clone), but on a trip to a couple of reserves this new year the weather just wasn't playing nice, so I set ISO 1600, made sure that the meter would not under expose (that's when I've found VPN starts to appear) and went shootin'. I surprised myself with the usability of the shots and shall not be so quick to condemn ISO 1600 in the future. Yep, I know the K-x, K-r, K-5 would make mincemeat out of my GX10 but you play with what you've got.
Here's a couple of examples at ISO 1600 and a couple at ISO 1000.

The curlews don't seem to fly very close, so I was particularly happy with this one, normally they are just dot's in the distance...

I don't see very many tree sparrows these days as they are red list status here in the uk so this was a treat, there were lots at one of the reserves.

And there was a queue building up for this feeder....

On my preview window on dpreview these look like they have some jaggy edges, I've never managed to get it right between what looks good on my PC, and still ok on picasa, and still works when pasting to dpreview. They always appear to be over sharpened when added here to dpreview.... oh well, sorry about that.

-- hide signature --
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-r Pentax K-x Samsung GX-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow