The DX pro after D2x? - (Trick Question)

Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DigitalPhilosopher
Contributing MemberPosts: 721
Like?
The DX pro after D2x? - (Trick Question)
Jan 5, 2012

As people eagerly await the D4, I'm looking to buy another body to complement my D300. At this point at least, I am not interested in making a switch to FX and I prefer to stick with DX.

Seeing my options, I realized that, realistically, there are...two and a half cameras that complement the D300: Another D300, the D7000, and the D2x. I say two and a half, because I have reservations about the D2x high ISO performance.

Ideally, I'd prefer a D2 type body, it just feels so much better in my hands, I had used a D2h for some time and its ergonomics are perfect, just perfect for me. I've used a hand grip with the D300 but it just doesn't feel right.

It seems that, quite understandably, the D2x is a last-of-the-Mohicans of sorts. The last fully pro body for DX. If I could wave my magic wand, I'd get a D300/D7000 sensor in a D2x body. But alas, it's not possible.

I wonder, have others faced similar dilemmas? What do you do if you don't want (yet at least) to move to FX but you would like a bit sturdier and bigger body?

Nikon D2H Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow