Say it Isn't So!!!!

Started Jan 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
VladimirV
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659
Like?
Re: It isn't so
In reply to harold1968, Jan 5, 2012

Not that I expect much from Fuji after they messed up the firmware of both the X10 and X100 cameras but I expect more from them than from Leica who either re-badge Panasonic cameras or rehash the same old thing without even trying something new. The S2 is an exception and while it's nice it's not interesting for the majority of people.

harold1968 wrote:

If Fuji made a brass and magnesium camera with a true RF mechanism and a lens range of Leica quality I would be interested, but I doubt it.

Why is the RF mechanism so important? It has a lot of problems with close focusing, telephoto lenses, needs to be calibrated properly, can't deal with lenses which are not RF coupled, have focus shift and the list goes on. Next to the fact that it's impossible to accurately frame with it.

As for the lens range, Fuji could simply release an adapter to mount M lenses on it like you can do on the NEX cameras or the Ricoh GXR even without an adapter.

Talking about lenses, the 50mm Summilux ASPH is worth just buying an M9 for ...

Why buy a M9 when it's mostly about the lenses which work on other cameras with less compromises?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow