Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mek42
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
D1x vs D2h
Jan 5, 2012

How do the D1x and D2h compare to one another? I know this may be kind of an apples and oranges thing, and a NY apple to a CA orange at that, but I'm leaning toward getting one of these for a first DSLR.

I had been thinking of a D200 or maybe even laying in wait for an unreasonably good deal on a D90, but, alas, I wrecked my car a couple weeks ago and shrunk my camera budget down to $300 - 500 which must include at least one lens. (Speaking of, I'm likely to start with the 18 - 55 VR kit lens.)

I'd rather have a feature set from which to learn photography (I dabbled a bit years ago with an all manual Pentax K system and had a blast) rather than a fancy sensor. My newly reduced budget started me thinking to start with a D70s, but the price difference for a D1x or even a D2h is so small that I may as well have a pro grade feature set.

I would like to hear generally how these two bodies compare to each other, but I think the most challenging subject matter I'll be facing will be indoor shots of our new child. Does this type of photography tend to suggest the D2h? There will be other things I'll want to shoot, but I think this will be the greatest challenge. Having said this, would scrimping and saving for a 1.8 50 or 35 prime resolve much of the indoor light issue?

Lastly, I have no doubt that there will be some who are not able to resist suggesting that I exceed my budget on something shinier and newer. All I ask is that you please be willing to subsidize the difference between my budget and your suggestion should I take your advice.

Thank you!

Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D2H Nikon D70s Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow