Started Jan 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alexsfo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,406
Like?
Re: E-PM1 first impressions
In reply to sj2, Jan 5, 2012

Did you set LCD to brightest setting?
Did you enable SCP?

I have yet to experience any troubles composing with either E-PL2 or E-PM1 LCD (set to brightest) in harsh California, Florida or Hawaii sun (tested extensvely since September).

sj2 wrote:

Had been using a E-PL1 that I sold last year. Used it with a few manual lens and had a blast. With the E-PM1, just like the E-PL1, I find composition near impossible in day light with the LCD. EVF is a must, for me.

On E-PL1, I found buttons and menus easy enough for most used settings - ISO, Aperture, focus mode, and metering. With E-PM1, looks like Olympus intentionally put in cheap feeling and tiny buttons. I thought lack of grip won't annoy me but so far it does. Maybe just a matter of getting used to.

IQ-wise, I am happy. Not much to report there. I process RAW so don't care about the 1001 art styles and JPEG modes.

Disclaimer - This isn't a rant. Just meant to set expectations. For what I paid ($325 for the kit with a Olympus backpack + 4GB SD card), the rig is a steal.

So I highly recommend factoring in cost of a VF-2 in your decision to buy a E-PM1.

-- hide signature --

E-PM1, E-PL2; 7mm f3.5, 14mm f2.5, 20mm f1.7, 45mm f1.8, 40-150mm f4-5.6

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow